Re: Bug Reporting system

Hi!

I just had a rough look at this discussion since it's getting too big now
for debian-devel.

The current policy is that each _source package_ has exactly one
maintainer. Others may recompile the package for other architectures and
upload it but the maintainer field is not affected by this upload.

I don't see a reason to change this policy just to get "arch-dependent bug
reports". If a bug report is architecture dependend (and this is known by
the bug reporter) then he/she could easily add a note to the text part of
the bug report telling the maintainer about it.

Thanks,

Chris

--                  Christian Schwarz
                     schwarz@monet.m.isar.de, schwarz@schwarz-online.com,
Debian is looking     schwarz@debian.org, schwarz@mathematik.tu-muenchen.de
for a logo! Have a
look at our drafts     PGP-fp: 8F 61 EB 6D CF 23 CA D7  34 05 14 5C C8 DC 22 BA
at    http://fatman.mathematik.tu-muenchen.de/~schwarz/debian-logo/