Re: NIS+ support in glibc/libc6

In article <[🔎] y8siuy0ns7i.fsf@imsa.edu>, Ben Gertzfield <che@imsa.edu> wrote:

>Woo hoo! I'm taking a look now at
>http://www-vt.uni-paderborn.de/~kukuk/linux/nisplus.html, which says
>that there is full support for NIS+ -- even for the DES encryption for
>Sun's security level 2 is there -- available natively in glibc/libc6
>and as a patch for libc5. There is even a full suite of NIS+ tools
>that's almost done with being in development!

But not totally yet. But yes, the client side seems to be done.

>I'll package up the tools if nobody wants to -- but the libc6
>maintainer probably needs to look into the NIS+ patches on that
>web-site above.

The next release of the nis package will be broken into seperate packages-
ypserv, ypbind and nis-tools. These will be the packages from
www-vt.uni-paderborn.de. However I don't know anything about NIS+, so
maybe we should keep NIS and NIS+ seperate?

Anyway, if you're going to do anything, please contact me so that we
can coordinate this.

Mike.
--
| Miquel van Smoorenburg |  "I need more space" "Well, why not move to Texas" |
| miquels@cistron.nl     |  "No, on my account, stupid." "Stupid? Uh-oh.."    |