Re: source dependencies : virtual names

On Jul 23, mdorman@debian.org wrote
> Many of those packages, you will find, already provide and conflict
> with the names you suggested.  That is to make sure that there is only
> ever one copy of a -dev package is ever installed at once.

i don't want to change anything in these packages.  all i want is not to
have versioned source dependencies, is the package could be compiled
with any version.

the provied/conflict mechanism is a good thing, it makes sure that such
dependecy will work. but the autocompile will have a list for mappings
unversioned name -> versioned name, so we can define what version is
used.

comments ?

andreas