Re: source dependencies

On Tue, 22 Jul 1997, Enrique Zanardi wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Jul 1997, Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:
>
> > > makeinfo is needed for a lot of stuff, I would recommend that but it's
> > > currently stuck inside tetex-bin.
> >
> > so, should i includew tetex-bin ? i thought about that, but didn't get
> > to any conclusion yet.
>
> I guess it would be better to have a makeinfo package, built from the
> same tetex sources. (It was suggested when the transition to tetex was
> made, but I don't remember if there was any answer...)

To implement the new Debian Documentation Policy (I'll present a first
draft version here on debian-devel in the next days) a lot of people will
need makeinfo installed on their systems, since we will only ship .texi
files in the future and and the info files will be generated
automatically, if the sysadmin wants to have them.

Thus, we really need to extract it from tetex-bin.

Since everyone who wants to have .info files will probably install "info"
too, I suggest to package up "makeinfo" in the "info" package.

Galen, as I see you are the current maintainer of "info". Do you agree? If
so, it would be nice if you could include makeinfo and rearrange things
with Christoph so that he removes makeindex from tetex-bin.

Thanks,

Chris

--          _,,     Christian Schwarz
           / o \__   schwarz@monet.m.isar.de, schwarz@schwarz-online.com,