Re: Diety UI draft

On Wed, 23 Jul 1997, Richard Braakman wrote:

> I think that this may itself be a problem.  I have found that the Packages
> file is my main use of bandwidth when I access my local Debian mirror.
> During a regular scan for updates, simply checking the packages available
> from all sources may be more costly than the total size of the packages
> actually chosen for installation.

Agreed.  As it is now, I only download the Packages file for the hamm/
distro.

Could some "time-stamp" be included, so if a Packages file hasnt been
updated since the last "fetching", it wont be redownloaded?  Also, this
"Packages" busines...  How can I have more than one?  Could we have it
named Packages-1.3, Packages-1.2, Packages-devel, so it matches the
various versions of debian?

I would really like to be able to downgrade easily.  This might fix a
small problem I have.

Oh!  1 more thing.  Is there an easy way to "reinstall" a package?  I
would like to be able to "hilight" a package, then hit some button, (R?)
then it would download and "reinstall" the package for me from scratch.

Peace out.

Don Dibos