Re: Non-free, Contrib and CDs (Was Re: GNU Win32? Not anymore.)

On Sat, 19 Jul 1997, Herbert Xu wrote:

[snip]
> I think it would be ludicrous if someone bought a Debian CD that had
> (say) KDE on it (presumably in contrib) and found that it won't work
> because the QT libraries that it depends on (whose authors have declared
> that it can be sold on CDs) is in non-free and thus not on the CD.

Well, that's the reason why the package is in "contrib", and not in
"main". People have to live with that.

Thanks,

Chris

--                 Christian Schwarz
Do you know         schwarz@monet.m.isar.de, schwarz@schwarz-online.com,
Debian GNU/Linux?    schwarz@debian.org, schwarz@mathematik.tu-muenchen.de

Visit                  PGP-fp: 8F 61 EB 6D CF 23 CA D7  34 05 14 5C C8 DC 22 BA
http://www.debian.org   http://fatman.mathematik.tu-muenchen.de/~schwarz/