Re: Debian Common Lisp Interpreter Package

On 17 Jul 1997, Karl M. Hegbloom wrote:

>     Will> [...] or if there's a better, freeware Common Lisp Interpreter
>     Will> out there someplace that we'd rather use, please let me
>     Will> know.
>
>  What about ECoLisp, _Embeddable_Common_Lisp_?  I thought it looked
> like a better setup than GCL, but cannot be sure because I am so new
> at this.  I think it even runs CLX.  I've just begun to learn about
> Scheme and Lisp.  I think that ECL is an ANSI Lisp.  You can get it
> at:
> 	<URL:ftp://ftp.di.unipi.it/pub/lang/lisp/>

Ok.  At this point I`ve got gcl, cmu,  and I'm downloading ecl ... I'll
check them out.  Anyone else who has an interest,  please let me know or
offer suggestions.

	I'm having trouble compiling gcl on my box,  something about the
tk/tcl include files is screwy.  It compiled fine at work on a Sparc4 but
won't on my pentium.  Any clues?
                     					Will

			        harpo@udel.edu
               		      lowe@eecis.udel.edu