MusiXTeX/OpusTeX and teTeX's special.map file

Hello!

I have been packaging MusiXTeX and OpusTeX.  I have a little configuration
issue.  MusiXTeX and OpusTeX comes with its own fonts.  For MusiXTeX, some
of the fonts are already listed in /usr/lib/texmf/fontname/special.map,
but there a few that are missing.  Likewise, there are no entries for
OpusTeX fonts in special.map.

This affects the operation of neither MusiXTeX nor OpusTeX.  However,
there is a minor annoyance that the generated PK files would be put in the
wrong place.  (e.g. /var/spool/texmf/pk/<mode>/unknown/unknown,
/var/spool/texmf/pk/<mode>/corel/*)  Therefore, I wonder if it is
appropriate to use postinst modify /usr/lib/texmf/fontname/special.map?
That is, search for the following:

musix		public		musix
xsl		public		musix
xtie		public		musix

and replace the segment with this:

musix		public		musix
musixsps	public		musix
musixspx	public		musix
xgreg		public		musix
xsl		public		musix
xtie		public		musix
opus		public		opus
opusline	public		opus
opusnum		public		opus
opussps		public		opus
osl		public		opus

If this is appropriate, should I use Perl, awk or sed, or are there some
special tools for this?  ^_^  Or, perhaps, is there a fontmap file (other
than special.map) specifically for local configuration?  ^_^

Also, in the long term, should we ask teTeX's author and/or Karl Berry to
add the entries into special.map?

Thanks for all your help!  ^_^

Anthony

--