Re: Cygnus License text

On Fri, Jul 11, 1997 at 04:42:41AM -0401, Raul Miller wrote:
> Bruce Perens <bruce@pixar.com> quotes:
> >    [You can use Cygwin32 with our software. You can also use Cygwin32
> >    with software you develop provided you are not an embedded systems
> >    developer or a compiler developer.]
>
> Very definitely not GPL.
>
> How depressing.

But how much of the Cygwin32 suite can this apply to? I don't
see that they have any control over the license for gcc itself,
for example. Only their libraries and DLLs, which are presumably
the all important part, and the one they can control.

Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt, StudIEAust                    moffatt@yallara.cs.rmit.edu.au
Student, computer science & computer systems engineering.    3rd year, RMIT.