Re: utmp/wtmp changes from libc5 to libc6

> Are you sure?

No, I'm not. I just read /usr/doc/ssh/copyright.gz. But I'm not sure:).

> As far as I know ssh uses GNU's gmp library. And dpkg -s
> gmp tells me:
>  Programs you build using GNU MP become covered by the GNU
>  General Public Licence (GPL) because of the way GNU MP is licensed.

I'd really really like that if that is true. (Are you sure:)?
Then ssh really is GPL, and the ssh copyright violates the GPL!

But reading more of the /usr/doc/ssh/copyright.gz file, I see:

> Some of the source code aggregated with this distribution is licensed by
> third parties under different terms, so the restrictions above may not
> apply to such components.
[..]
> The GNU Multiple Precision Library, included in this release and linked
> into the executable, is distributed under the GNU Library Public License.
> A copy can be found in gmp-2.0/COPYING.LIB.

So, it looks like you indeed are right. Lovely!

<not-serious>

about to file a bugreport against ssh, saying that it's copyright
file should be changed to just a simple GPL file!

</not-serious>

--
joost witteveen, joostje@debian.org
#!/usr/bin/perl -sp0777i<X+d*lMLa^*lN%0]dsXx++lMlN/dsM0<j]dsj