Re: Proposal: /etc /usr/etc /usr/local/etc

Vadim Vygonets writes:
 > If we add it into libc, we'll lose the compatibility with other
 > Unices.

Not for every package. If this macro is to be included in libc
headers, then a feature test will have to be added to autoconf.
That is, something testing whether the 'confopen' cpp symbol is
defined when we include <foo.h>. Tricky.

Furthermore, if such a macro is implemented, it should make its way up
to glibc.

--
Yann Dirson <dirson@univ-mlv.fr>
http://monge.univ-mlv.fr/~dirson