Re: doc-base: next proposal for doc policy

On Thu, 3 Jul 1997, Christian Schwarz wrote:

> Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 20:18:05 +0200 (CEST)
> From: Christian Schwarz <schwarz@monet.m.isar.de>
> To: Brian White <bcwhite@verisim.com>
> Cc: Debian Developers <debian-devel@lists.debian.org>
> Subject: Re: doc-base: next proposal for doc policy
>
> On Thu, 3 Jul 1997, Brian White wrote:
>
> > Agreed.  If you're going to do this, just create a makefile to handle
> > the different options.
>
> I'll try to implement it that way, the user can choose which paper format
> he/she likes.

Shouldn't it use /etc/papersize to determine the paper size?

Incidentally, the last time I checked (not recently) I noticed a
lot of programs which ignored /etc/papersize and defaulted it
internally, some to letter size and some to a4 size.  I
just thought I'd mention that in hopes that any guilty
maqintainers would notice it.  When I get my system somewhere
near current, I'll start reporting bugs against packages which
I notice doing this.