licence problems: what to do with kdeapps and kvt

Someone noticed that rxvt, and kvt are non-free because of this part of
their licence:

/* Copyright 1992 John Bovey, University of Kent at Canterbury.
 *
 *  You can do what you like with this source code as long as
 *  you don't try to make money out of it and you include an
 *  unaltered copy of this message (including the copyright).
 */

So, kdeapps, which was in contrib because it depends on qt, now needs to
move into non-free.

I've been thinking, I could remove the kvt sources from kdeapps, and leave
kdeapps in contrib, and introduce a new non-free kvt package. But this is a
lot of work, and involves modifying the kdeapps.orig.tar.gz (so we don't
ship non-free source in contrib). I'd also have to hack the other parts of
kde so if kvt isn't present, they fall back on xterm.

If kde were part of the main distribution, I'd certianly do this, rather
than have it move into non-free, but since it's already out of the main
distribution, I don't think it's worth the bother.

What do people think - is it much better to have a package in contrib than
in non-free? I need convincing that this change would be worth my time.

--
see shy jo