Re: Status of Debian for PPC's?

On Thu, 3 Jul 1997, David Welton wrote:

> Is there someone involved with porting Debian to this architecture that
> could tell me how feasible it would be to use it to do real work with the
> 7600 that I have available?

I have a PowerMac 7600/132 happily running Linux next to me. _(;

The port of DEbian on powerpc is in progress. We already have about 200
packages recompiled for the ppc architecture (contributed by Klee Dienes).
It's enough to have  a base system running, but we don't have the install
disks set yet, so the current install procedure is to 1st install Apple's
MkLinux, then overwrite with the Debian packages.
No release date as been planed for Debian PowerPC, but I hope it will be
ready in 3 or 4 months.

	Cordialement,

--
-  vincent@debian.org     | RENARDIAS Vincent |          vincent@waw.com  -