Re: new approach: Documentation Policy

> > Just a question:
> >
> > 	Where do we put texinfo sources? (FSSTD experts?)
>
> Hmm. What about /usr/doc/foo/texinfo/ ?
Seems right for me.

> And there is more to define now: We'll have to find a unique way to
> compile the texinfo manuals into ".info" and ".ps". I think there may be
> some manuals out there, that do not come in a single ".texi" file. Since
> /usr may be mounted read-only, we'll have to move the files somewhere else
> to compile them.
>
> Any ideas?

What about making /usr/info a softlink to something like /var/info?
Usually the PS file are temporary, they stay only as long as the
docs are printed so I think something in /var/tmp should be right.

Mmm... another idea, what about /var/doc/info, /var/doc/ps, etc...
(with the link /usr/info -> /var/doc/info)?

Ciao,
					Federico

* Federico Di Gregorio   |  /      the number you dialled is     *
* Debian developer?      | / -1   imaginary... please, rotate    *
* <friend of penguins>   |/      the phone PI/2 and try again!   *
****************DE 9E B2 75 B4 F6 CC 5B  C3 D5 71 51 04 AB F3 B2**