Re: /etc /usr/etc: solution?

On Jul 2, Vadim Vygonets wrote
> Let's come to a solution.

I don't see the problem. FSSTND already addresses this very well.

> There are two variants (speaking of the packages which live in /usr):
>
> 1. Have config files in /usr/etc and that's it.
>
> 2. Have config files in /usr/etc, but search /etc first (i.e., write a
> statically-linked lib to do it -- I will).

3.Have the config files in /usr/etc, search _only_ in /etc, make symlinks.
This is what FSSTND proposes. This also lets us put the real files in
/usr/share/etc or /usr/local/etc; symlinks are easy. And dpkg can handle
this, I believe.

[]s,
                                               +----
--