Re^2: fixhrefgz unnecessary when fixing web-browsers in the correct w

Am 30.06.97 schrieb nick # Feedback.com.ar ...

Moin =?iso-8859-1?Q?Nicol=E1s_Lichtmaier!

n>  I support your idea of using a WWW server for documentation, but you're

I'm not.

n>   * It isn't slow. We need just a small binary called by inetd, as heavy
n> as `cat'.

It is slow, because every additional program will slow down the process.

n>   * It's safe. The debian docs could be accessed through a
n> non-standard port... and this port could be restricted for use from
n> localhost only (tcpd, xinetd, a check in the binary...).

No network program is 100% save. And you should remember that the policy
of some companies don't allow using a WWW server in their network.

n>   * It's network friendly. Somebody could easily browse documentation in
n>     other machines (telling the server to accept non-local connections
n>     first).

We could offer a WWW server as option.

cu, Marco

--