Re: Documentation Policy

'Yann Dirson wrote:'

>* it will cost disk-space on mirror sites, as debian will probably
>support in a quite short term all 6 (soon 7 ?) kernel-supported
>architectures. Further more, docs are definetely architecture
>independant files!
>
>Please support me, someone :)

I think your idea is fundamentally sound.  And a good idea.
The solution may be to make every package multi-package.  The
"real" (i.e., non-doc) package would Depend on the docs to address
Bruce's and Mark's conscern about the docs not being installed and
leading to more tech support problems.  dselect infrastructure will
need to be improved because our number of packages will nearly double!

--
Christopher J. Fearnley          |  Linux/Internet Consulting
cjf@netaxs.com                   |  Design Science Revolutionary