PGP was: Re: debian-non-US mirrors (was Re: debmake)

On Mon, 30 Jun 1997, Jim Pick wrote:

> I keep hearing conflicting views on this - and I haven't seen anything
> definitive.  The SSLEAY stuff I read seems to say that it is OK to
> use it in Canada (and everywhere else but the U.S.), but it must be
> linked with rsaref in the U.S.  Most of the information I've seen
> says that the RSA patent is only valid in the U.S.

It was said that you can export crypto from US to Canada.  Which
means, canadian can use both PGPus and PGPi?

BTW, see http://www.ifi.uio.no/pgp/pgp50.shtml for a funny way to
export crypto stuff.  Don't know about you, but I was shocked.

Vadik.

--
Vadim Vygonets * vadik@cs.huji.ac.il * vadik@debian.org * Unix admin
The fish doesn't think, because the fish knows...  everything.