Re: Proposal: /etc /usr/etc /usr/local/etc

On Mon, 30 Jun 1997, Brian White wrote:

> > > You can simply copy configuration for each workstation, and let users
> > > configure it.
> >
> > Yeah,exactly.  Let's consider I have hundreds of them!
>
> I suggest that, as at least a temorary solution, you consider using cfengine
> and cvs to manage those files.  That's what we do on our network and it
> works quite well.

Thanks, but when I say "Let's consider" that doesn't mean I do (maybe
it's just a wrong word; I meant something like "suppose").  And I'm
worrying about the real solution, not a temporary one.  Yeha, and one
of the goals of fsstnd is to keep the / partition as minimal as we
can.

Vadik.

--
Vadim Vygonets * vadik@cs.huji.ac.il * vadik@debian.org * Unix admin
The fish doesn't think, because the fish knows...  everything.