Re: Next approach: Documentation Policy

On Sun, 29 Jun 1997, David Frey wrote:

> --------
> On Sun, Jun 29 1997 12:11 +0200 Christian Schwarz writes:
>
> > Packages that contain programs with GNU info manuals, should provide
> > the manuals in HTML _and_ in GNU info format. The HTML files should be
> Shouldn't this read texinfo? ------^^^^

No, I talked about the "*.info" files. Someone else said here, some time
ago, that the intention of a Linux distribution is to provide the people
with "compiled files", not with the source that everyone has to compile.
Some people have slow computers, little memory, etc. and they surely don't
want to compile these files themselves all the time (whenever a package is
installed, upgraded, etc.).

Thanks,

Chris

--                  Christian Schwarz
                     schwarz@monet.m.isar.de, schwarz@schwarz-online.com,
Debian is looking     schwarz@debian.org, schwarz@mathematik.tu-muenchen.de
for a logo! Have a
look at our drafts     PGP-fp: 8F 61 EB 6D CF 23 CA D7  34 05 14 5C C8 DC 22 BA
at    http://fatman.mathematik.tu-muenchen.de/~schwarz/debian-logo/