Re: Amulet toolkit again

On Sun, 29 Jun 1997, Graham C. Hughes wrote:

> I've started packaging the toolkit, and while I was looking through the
> docs I discovered this formal legalese stuff.  I don't speak lawyer, nor
> do I know enough about the licenses Debian willingly puts up with to say
> whether this is OK or not.
>
> So is this tolerable?
>
> -- starts --
>    1. This License Agreement, effective as of April 1, 1996, is between:
>    Carnegie Mellon University having a principal place of business at
>    5000 Forbes Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213-3890 (``CMU''); and a company
>    (``COMPANY'').
[remainder deleted]

My US$0.02 worth, as a layman:  The most troublesome part would seem to me
to be the designation of "a company" as a party to the agreement.  I don't
know whether a non-profit organization (i.e. SPI) would qualify or not.
Other than that, it looks like a green light as far as redistribution
goes.

If in doubt, you could always just ask CMU. :-)

   Larry Gilbert  | "If all the nations in the   |         The original
 Seattle, WA, USA | world are in debt, where did |  Self-Indulgent Home Page!
 irving@pobox.com | all the money go?"           |  http://pobox.com/~irving/
                  |      -- Steven Wright        |