ISDN in UK

I see that a new isdnutils package has been released; I would like to use
ISDN, but I don't want to spend the money on buying equipment and getting
a line installed until I know whether the Linux utilities will work with the
UK system.  I know that ISDN here is implemented differently from the way it
is in the USA and I believe it is also different from that in Europe.

Does anyone use ISDN in the UK with Linux?

Are there any particular problems?

Which of the equipment advertised in the UK is supported by isdnutils
and the 2.0.30 kernel?
Isle of Wight                      http://homepages.enterprise.net/olly