Re: NIS and libc6/hamm?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: NIS and libc6/hamm?
- From: email@example.com (Miquel van Smoorenburg)
- Date: 27 Jun 1997 14:46:15 +0200
- Message-id: <5p0cmn$7h9$1@Q.cistron.nl>
- References: <Pine.LNX.3.96.970627140858.671D-100000@klee>
In article <Pine.LNX.3.96.970627140858.671D-100000@klee>,
Christian Schwarz <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>Can someone tell me if NIS is working in the current "hamm" release?
>(Someone here mentioned that it is not, so I want to know for sure before
>I upgrade my system.)
It seems to work with this in /etc/nsswitch.conf:
passwd: db files nis
But it crashes when using:
passwd: db files compat
So using + entries in /etc/passwd for access control doesn't work.
| Miquel van Smoorenburg | "I need more space" "Well, why not move to Texas" |
| email@example.com | "No, on my account, stupid." "Stupid? Uh-oh.." |
| PGP fingerprint: FE 66 52 4F CD 59 A5 36 7F 39 8B 20 F1 D6 74 02 |
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
Trouble? e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .