Re: NIS and libc6/hamm?

In article <[🔎] Pine.LNX.3.96.970627140858.671D-100000@klee>,
Christian Schwarz <schwarz@monet.m.isar.de> wrote:

>Hi!
>
>Can someone tell me if NIS is working in the current "hamm" release?
>(Someone here mentioned that it is not, so I want to know for sure before
>I upgrade my system.)

It seems to work with this in /etc/nsswitch.conf:

passwd:	db files nis

But it crashes when using:

passwd: db files compat

So using + entries in /etc/passwd for access control doesn't work.

Mike.
--
| Miquel van Smoorenburg |  "I need more space" "Well, why not move to Texas" |
| miquels@cistron.nl     |  "No, on my account, stupid." "Stupid? Uh-oh.."    |