Re: fixhrefgz - tool for converting anchors to gzipped files

[ Please don't Cc: public replies to me. ]

Christian Schwarz:
> I wrote exactly the same thing in Perl (on your request!) some time ago.

Oops. I didn't remember that (still don't, actually¹), so
it seems I've wasted a couple of hours of work. No matter,
as long as things will finally work.

> I don't know which version is better.

Since Perl is on more machines than Python, then all other
things being equivalent, the Perl version is preferable. (Perl
is a mighty language, but I refuse to learn it until I really
must. Python, on the other hand, I'm in love with.)

> It looks like Lars' implementation has hard coded a lot of HTML tags
> for processing.

That's just because the Python HTML parser has hooks for most
HTML tags.  This is convenient for many applications, but for
this application it means that they all need to be overridden.
Or at least that was the simplest way for me to get things
working.  It can handle other tags as well. No problem.

¹ My mind is going, Dave.