Re: Documentation Policy

>>>>> "Philippe" == Philippe Troin <phil@fifi.org> writes:

 Philippe> On Mon, 23 Jun 1997 20:13:13 +0200 Christian Schwarz
 Philippe> (schwarz@monet.m.isar.de) wrote:

 >> Option 3: We ship .texi files and produce HTML and/or info files on
 >> demand (in the postinst script).

 Philippe> I like this idea a lot. I *hate* having to fetch the source package
 Philippe> to produce a postscript output...

I add my support for this too, but remember texi2html can be quite slow at
processing large texinfo documents, and it doesn't produce any kind of
indication that it's doing anything. texinfo, on the other hand, is
much faster.

--
Tom Lees <tom@lpsg.demon.co.uk> <tom@debian.org>  http://www.lpsg.demon.co.uk/
PGP Key: finger tom@master.debian.org, http://www.lpsg.demon.co.uk/pgpkey.txt.