Re: RFC: library conventions for libc5 and libc6 in hamm Take 4

joost@rulcmc.leidenuniv.nl (joost witteveen) writes:

> >   5. Conflicts & Dependencies for hamm packages
> >
> [..]
> >
> >    The hamm libfoo package has to depend on libc6 and has to conflict
> >    with libfoo-dev and libc5-dev.
>
> Are you sure here? I'd say you mean this:
>
>     The hamm libfoo package has to depend on libc5 and has to conflict
>     with libfoo-dev.
>
> - libfoo is libc5, so it should depend on libc5.
> - Yes, we should try and get rid of libc5-dev, but I'm not sure it's
>   the job of random libries to force users to do that: as far as
>   I can see, nothing breaks when the two are installed together.

OK I will change the libc6 dependecy.
However we must not have any -dev package in hamm that is a
libc5-based package, i.e. libc5-dev may not be installed on a hamm
system. It will break lots of stuff.

        Helmut

--
Helmut Geyer                                Helmut.Geyer@iwr.uni-heidelberg.de