Re: svgalib-dummy again

On Mon, 23 Jun 1997, joost witteveen wrote:

> > So, what method do you prefer? Or do you have better ideas? How hard
> > would it be to implement versioned Provides: in dpkg? Or are there
> > other reasons not to implement it? Is solution 2) too kludgy?
> I strongly prefer method 1. I really think dpkg should be improved,
> but as that doesn't seem to happen any time soon, I don't think
> method 2 will hurt in the mean time. Anyone else see any problems
> with method 2?

 Better method: Remove the version from svgalib1g shlibs (as the other
libc6 libraries have done). The version would be needed again if a
new upstream release of svgalib with an incompatible library arrives, as
this seems far from happening this would be a perfect solution for
svgalib, IMO.

--
Nicolás Lichtmaier.-