Re: Experiences with compiling Debian

[ Please don't Cc: public replies to me. ]

Andreas Jellinghaus:
> > If there is an error, the build will stop, but there is too much output
> > to easily see all warnings and some minor errors that don't stop the
> > build.
>
> yes. but i don't know, what we can do here ?

Make should be easy to shut up, but debstd and various other
tools aren't. OTOH, it isn't all that big a deal, it'd just
make problems easier to notice.

> do you have log files of the other packages ?

Ah yes, I forgot. When I redirected stdout and stderr of
dpkg-buildpackage to a file, things stopped working. I didn't
have enough time to investigate then, so I don't know why.