Editor wars considered harmful

[ Please don't Cc: public replies to me. ]

Francesco Tapparo:
> Of course ae will be used in the boot disks, but in the default
> installation, joe must be the choiche, IMO.

This is a editor war. Please don't continue it.

No one editor is good enough as the default choice. Every installer
is going to have to choose what editors are to be installed. Suggesting
anything else is going to create a war.

(And I say this even though I'm the author of one of the editors
distributed with Debian. See the manual for further discussion
about editor wars.)