Re: Documentation Policy

On Sat, 21 Jun 1997, Scott K. Ellis wrote:

> -----BEGIN PGP DECRYPTED MESSAGE-----
> On Sat, 21 Jun 1997, Santiago Vila Doncel wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 21 Jun 1997, Christian Schwarz wrote:
> >
> > >      The documentation will be distributed via several packages:
> > >
> > >            foo-doc-html      for HTML docs
> > >            foo-doc-info      for GNU info docs (where available)
> > >            foo-doc-xxx       for other formats (only where appropriate)
> >
> > This is a very good compromise and I like it.
> >
> > BTW: Should foo Suggest/Recommends foo-doc-html and/or foo-doc-html?
>
> At most, there should be a suggest for foo-doc-html|foo-doc-info.
> Recommends is too strong, it is annoying to beat dselect into submission
> when you really don't want a package.

I think the package should use "Suggests: foo-doc" and all doc packages
should use "Provides: foo-doc".

Thanks,

Chris

--                 Christian Schwarz
Do you know         schwarz@monet.m.isar.de, schwarz@schwarz-online.com,
Debian GNU/Linux?    schwarz@debian.org, schwarz@mathematik.tu-muenchen.de

Visit                  PGP-fp: 8F 61 EB 6D CF 23 CA D7  34 05 14 5C C8 DC 22 BA
http://www.debian.org   http://fatman.mathematik.tu-muenchen.de/~schwarz/