Re: Bug in Boot-Disk Package?

Bruce Perens wrote:

> From: Goswin Brederlow <goswin.brederlow@student.uni-tuebingen.de>
> > OK, it's unmounted then, but it should remount the drive if its
> > untouched or ask if it should remount it. I'm not repartitioning
> > the drive, but I had to change the types of the partitions
>
> I think it should not unmount the root, but it should complain
> before you partition a disk that the root is running on. I don't
> know how many people will hit this.
>
>         Thanks
>
>         Bruce
> --
> Bruce Perens K6BP   Bruce@Debian.novare.net   510-215-3502
> Finger bruce@master.Debian.org for PGP public key.
> PGP fingerprint = 88 6A 15 D0 65 D4 A3 A6  1F 89 6A 76 95 24 87 B3

It's the only choise if you have a low mem system.
As Kai Henning pointed out:

>> The boot disks should probably force a reboot at that point.
>> The low memory boot disk probably does the same thing on the x86.

The script complains that you have mounted filesystems on that drive
when you try to partition it, which is perfectly valid.
The script should eigther reboot after the disk holding root is
partitioned or try to remount root r/w. Rebooting is a bit anoying when
you only changed the type of another partition from DOS\0 to LNX\0,
whereas remounting might get stuck if the partition holding root has
changed name or place. So rebooting is probably the savest.

May the source be with you.
				Mrvn