Re: Policy wrt mail lockfile (section 4.3)

: > Mailboxes are locked using the username.lock lockfile convention, rather
: > than fcntl, flock or lockf.

: This is buggy since it's not working over NFS. (I'm running into problems
: every few days since I use sendmail/procmail/pine over a NFS mounted
: /var/spool/mail !)

I am using exim/exim/pine here over NFS mounted /var/spool/mail for around 1000 users with no
problems at all. Some of the gizmos you are using might have a problem with
the lock scheme. I know that exim is pretty reliable with its locking and I also use
exim instead of procmail (build in mailfilter).