Re: Rescue disk and Thinkpads (problem identified).

Rob Browning wrote:

> I had posted earlier about a problem getting Debian 1.2/1.3 installed
> on a 365x thinkpad.  Several solutions were offered and in the end it
> turned out that the people claiming that some thinkpads could not
> handle the bzImage format were correct.  It was not the
> "floppy=thinkpad" problem.  I didn't need that at all.

> So, if it doesn't make the kernel too big, could we switch back to
> using zImages on the rescue disk rather than bzImages?  It won't hurt
> any other machines, and there are apparently a (small) number of
> machines out there (some Thinkpads and some Toshibas I think) that it
> would greatly help.

I have the same problem with my Dell Laptop.  With the same source tree
and config options, the zImage boots and the bzImage resets the machine
after loading.  If there is no convincing reason to use bzImage, we
should
switch to zImage.

Steve
dunham@cps.msu.edu