Re: File Locking

[ Please don't Cc: public replies to me. ]

Miquel van Smoorenburg:
> Read "man maillock" on Solaris, together with /usr/include/maillock.h.
> Interesting stuff.

The algorithm used by maillock/touchlock/mailunlock is, IMHO,
lousy, but if is actually used, then we should choose it to
make porting easier.

Of course, maillock also only works for the mailbox, but that
is good enough for this discussion. (It's not good enough for
procmail or my lockfile.c, but that's not really relevant.)