Re: Debian's mail daemons

From: Thomas Koenig <ig25@mvmap66.ciw.uni-karlsruhe.de>
> AFAIK, qmail is highly antisocial WRT the number of connections it forces
> on a recipient host.

It hasn't had this problem for several revisions. It limits the number
of connections it tries to one system so that it won't hang a bunch
of mail delivery daemons waiting for one down host.

As far as I can tell, exim is a good choice for a system that supports
a lot of users (because it reduces the overhead of delivery with mail
filters on the local system). Qmail is good for a server or other
special-purpose system. We run the list server and the bug system on
qmail.

	Thanks

	Bruce
--