Re: Status of Debian Policy

In article <[🔎] Pine.LNX.3.96.970616192631.224F-100000@klee>,
	Christian Schwarz <schwarz@monet.m.isar.de> writes:

> The current structure (of packages installed on my system) is:
>
> 	Miscellaneous
> 	Development
> 	Document Preparation
> 	Information
> 	Emacs
> 	Programming
> 	teTeX
> 	Graphics
> 	Games
> 	General Commands

Is this the best order?

Really the first one should be that for info itself, followed by the linux
and debian FAQs. What goes after that I don't know, but I find the current
one difficult to navigate.

> I'm sure the info docs will be available in the future! The question of
> topic 11 was which format the .deb's should ship:
>
>    - only info; html in extra .deb
>    - only html; info in extra .deb
>    - html _and_ info

I think either only info, or neither; I don't want to fill my hard disc with
HTML when there's perfectly good info documentation available. (HTML will be
as good as info once it's got previous, next and up commands built into the
browser: this is possible with HTML 3 but I don't know of any browsers that
implement it)
.