Re: inetd question

On Jun 13, Michael Meskes wrote:
> Thanks Peter.
>
> I guess it's the ident service. So I try nowait.120 and see what
> happens.

Of course it is the ident service (that's what the error message of
inetd said). But the ident service is not a service that is used
alone. You have an application/service which is called as often
as the ident service. You should have a look at this application.
Your problem could also be an entry in hosts.allow or hosts.deny.
If you use a username (xxx@...) there the tcp_wrapper will do an
ident/auth lookup for that service (or for all services if the ALL
keyword has been used).

Using "nowait.120" is of course a solution but it is probably better
to find the application that is causing the problem.

Thanks,

Peter

--
Peter Tobias <tobias@et-inf.fho-emden.de> <tobias@debian.org> <tobias@linux.de>
PGP ID EFAA400D, fingerprint = 06 89 EB 2E 01 7C B4 02  04 62 89 6C 2F DD F1 3C