ANNOUNCEMENT: Home Page for Debian Policy Manual

Hi folks!

I've set up a new web page for all Debian Policy related info. The URL is

The page contains the newest Policy Manual ( in different formats,
as well as the Filesystem Structure (FSSTND), and the virtual package name

In addition, some old versions of the policy manual are also included,
together with "u-diffs".

The page contains a link to the current DRAFT version, that is, the copy
I'm working on right now. Note, that this is not more than a "snapshot
release". It is to be considered "unstable" :-) This manual also contains
a few sections which have not yet been approved here on debian-devel --
I'll do this in a few days.

Feel free to send me any suggestions, critics, etc.

--                  Christian Schwarz
                   schwarz@monet.m.isar.de, schwarz@schwarz-online.com
                  schwarz@debian.org, schwarz@mathematik.tu-muenchen.de
                PGP-fp: 8F 61 EB 6D CF 23 CA D7  34 05 14 5C C8 DC 22 BA
 CS Software goes online! Visit our new home page at