Re: cygwin.dll license (was Re: FreeQt ?)

In <[🔎] 6YR37T$jcsB@khms.westfalen.de> kai@khms.westfalen.de (Kai Henningsen) writes:
> jim@jimpick.com (Jim Pick)  wrote on 01.06.97 in <[🔎] 199706012343.QAA10309@fleming.jimpick.com>:
>
> > > Yes, very limiting. The code actually cannot be linked statically!
> >
> > Can't be linked dynamically either...  read the GPL.
>
> Can too. Read the law.

That is your opinion, the FSF's opinion is different.  The FSF has
shown that it is willing to defend their opinion, even if it means
going to court.  Unless you are also willing to go to court to defend
your opinion, I think I'll side with the FSF interpretation for now.
(Not that I think it's right, but I have better ways to spend my
money...)

-wayne

--
Wayne Schlitt can not assert the truth of all statements in this
article and still be consistent.