plan copyright clarification

Awhile ago I asked about the copyright in plan and there was a slight
vagueness with the original. I have emailed the author and he replied that
he would change the actual copyright file inthe next release, but not
until then. Can I then incorporate part of this email note into
/usr/doc/copyright and upload it into the free part of debian? Cheers,

-----------begin copyright
This package was debianized by Colin R. Telmer telmerco@debian.org
on Sat, 31 May 1997 11:09:23 -0400.

It was downloaded from

plan is Copyrighted by Thomas Driemeyer, 1993-1996. License to copy,
publish, and distribute is granted to everyone provided that three
conditions are met:

- my name and email address, "Thomas Driemeyer <thomas@bitrot.in-
  berlin.de>" must remain in the distribution and any documentation
  that was not part of this distribution. In particular, my name
  and address must be shown in the About popup.
- if you redistribute a modified version, the fact that the version
  is modified must be stated in all places that my name is shown.
- this copyright notice must be included in your distribution.

If these conditions are met, you can do whatever you like. The
idea is that I would be pissed if someone else claimed he wrote the
thing, and I don't want bugs introduced by others attributed to me.
Make as much money with it as you can. Drop me a line, I am curious.

If you put plan on a CD, send me a free copy if your company policy
allows it.

There are no implied or expressed warranties for plan. I do not
claim it is good for anything whatsoever, and if you lose your
precious data or your dog dies this is entirely your problem.

The second last paragraph above is not clear and the upstream author
will replace it next release with the following: