[boldt@cardinal.math.ucsb.edu: Info package: .dsc missing. And: TkInfo]

Is there someone else who might take this packaging? I don't have time yet.

Erick
Date: Fri, 30 May 97 22:42:29 PDT
From: Axel Boldt <boldt@cardinal.math.ucsb.edu>
To: branderhorst@heel.fgg.eur.nl
Subject: Info package: .dsc missing. And: TkInfo

Hi,

I just saw that http://www.debian.org/Packages/dist/doc/info.html, the
page about your info package, points to
ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/stable/source/doc/info_3.7-1.dsc for the
dsc file, but that file doesn't exist. The .deb in the binary directory
exists, though.

Anyway, I had one question: would you be willing to maintain a debian
package of my tkInfo program
(http://www.math.ucsb.edu/~boldt/tkinfo/)? I think it is a lot easier
to use for new users than info - of course it requires X and Tcl/Tk.
I myself am not on the debian mailing lists and am not familiar with
the debian packaging scheme. A RedHat package exists already. The
package would be completely trivial, since it's just a single tk
script containing it's own documentation.

If you are interested, I'd ask you to wait a couple of days as I'm
about to release a new version with some new features soon.

Cheers,
  Axel

- --
 Axel Boldt  *  boldt@math.ucsb.edu  *  http://www.math.ucsb.edu/%7Eboldt/