Re: Infocom Games (Was: long list of give away or orphaned packages)

--------
On Sat, May 31 1997 20:15 -0000 jwalther@citytel.net writes:
> On Sat, 31 May 1997, Brian White wrote:
> >
> > None of the Infocom games can be distributed, however.  You have to
> > buy them.
>
> Heh.  I guess that means we cant package up any of these then....
>
> ftp://ftp.gmd.de/if-archive

Sure we can. These are not Infocom games, or, when they are, then they
are Infocom sampler packages, which are IMO distributable. Most of
if-archive is freeware (written by other people than Infocom, but in the
Z-Language).
What you of course cannot distribute -- as already mentioned -- are the real
Infocom games (Trinity, Zork 1-3 etc.)

David

PS1: Frotz can AFAIK handle Z8 games
PS2: Was anyone able to run `adventure' under Linux? Compiling went ok,
     but running gave an error about not finding the verb 'abcde' or
     similar.