why are shared libs chmod +x?

Hi!

Can someone tell me why shared libs should be installed executable?
(Actually, Christoph Lameter wants to know this, cf. #7129, but since I
don't know this either I'll redirect the question to this list.)

This is current policy and I want to add a small note to the paragraph
stating the reasons for this.

Thanks,

Chris

--                  Christian Schwarz
                   schwarz@monet.m.isar.de, schwarz@schwarz-online.com
                  schwarz@debian.org, schwarz@mathematik.tu-muenchen.de

                PGP-fp: 8F 61 EB 6D CF 23 CA D7  34 05 14 5C C8 DC 22 BA

 CS Software goes online! Visit our new home page at
 	                                     http://www.schwarz-online.com