Re: Infocom Games (Was: long list of give away or orphaned packages)

In article <3390AD3E.EF33810@verisim.com>,
	Brian White <bcwhite@verisim.com> writes:

>> If we had Frotz, it would be simple to package up a large(ish) number
>> of the games available.
>
> Just so you know, I've already packaged up an Infocom parser (called
> "infocom") package.

Yes, but it's crap. There are several better ones around which should be
packaged for debian. We need a virtual package name, infocom-interpreter
perhaps.

> None of the Infocom games can be distributed, however.  You have to
> buy them.

None of the ones by infocom can be distributed. There are lots of
infocom-format games by other people, mostly produced by the inform
compiler. In general the source code is not available (because that would
make the games too easy :) so as Charles said, they would have to be in
contrib.
.