Re: How to re-install installed packages?

jdassen@wi.leidenuniv.nl (J.H.M.Dassen) wrote:
|On May 28, Amos Shapira wrote
|> Is there a way to force dpkg to find all the installed packages and
|> re-install them?  One of my Debian (bo) installations went through a
|> badly handled "tar" (i.e. many file attributes were lost).
|
|Guessing from dpkg --help,
|dpkg --selected-only --refuse-downgrade --recursive [dir containing mirror]
|might do it.

Thanks, but this would require me to download the entire distribution
from the net.  I'd like to somehow force dpkg to figure for itself
which packages need to be fetched and installed.

Cheers,

--Amos

--Amos Shapira                    | "Of course Australia was marked for
133 Shlomo Ben-Yosef st.          |  glory, for its people had been chosen
Jerusalem 93 805                  |  by the finest judges in England."
ISRAEL             amos@dsi.co.il |                     -- Anonymous