Reporting a bug that's already been reported...

Say I discover a bug (for example in xlockmore) and it's the same bug
that's already been reported (10085).  Does it make any sense for me to
report it again, so that the maintainer knows it is effecting more than
one person?  It seems that this could be useful both as a way to encourage
the maintainer to fix it, and to help track down the exact cause if the
maintainer can't reproduce the bug his/herself.... (for instance should it
be somehow hardware related)....

On the other hand there are also obvious reasons why it shouldn't be
reported again....Any policy exist for this?  I didn't see anything under
the reporting a bug document.

Thanks
-Sam

--
VA Research Linux Workstations        |  The World's Best Linux Workstations

http://www.varesearch.com             |  Now offering VarStation II Systems
Sam Ockman - (415)934-3666, ext. 133  |     Based on the Intel Pentium II