Re: Upgrading from 1.1 to frozen

Hi,

	People will probably have told you this, but the Packages file
 was not corrupted, those 1:x.x.xx are critical (these are epochs),
 and the problem actually is that the version of dpkg being used is
 too old to understand epochs.

	Why is this information (about the need to upgrade dpkg
 *first*) not screaming out all over the web pages and the
 installation README's? (pardon me if the information is in the
 README's)

	I think we should have it in big blinking font ;-)

	manoj
--
 "Everything that can be invented has been invented." Charles
 H. Duell, Commissioner, U.S. Office of Patents, 1899.