Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 15:35:53 -0500
From: Eric Dittman <DITTMAN@skitzo.dseg.ti.com>
To: rdm@tad.micro.umn.edu
Subject: RE: Shared Interrupts

>Did you ever get a solution to this problem?  I'm running
>into something similar (where I'm getting SIOCSIFFLAGS: Try again) and
>don't know what to do about it.

It turned out that Linux has two incompatible methods of sharing
interrupts.  The SCSI drivers tend to use one method and the
Ethernet drivers tend to use the other method.  Because of this
(and I don't think it has changed) the SCSI card and Ethernet
card can't share interrupts.
--
Eric Dittman                  Texas Instruments - Component Test Facility
dittman@skitzo.dseg.ti.com    (214) 462-4292