Re: --> Debian Bug #10000

On Wed, 21 May 1997, Jim Pick wrote:

> This might be a mini-project for someone:
>
> I'd like to see a graph of the total number of bugs, number of open bugs
> plotted on a graph vs. the date.  Perhaps superimposing the release dates
> on it too.

	Sure! I'd love to see that. _(;
(Quick stat: there were only about 1800 outstanding bug reports in
February)

> It would be cool if we could somehow track the number of machines/users we
> had too.

Probably much harder to do...
Maybe stuffing a script in the install disks that will scan your system,
and report by email to microso^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hus some vital statistics
about the system being installed. _(;

> distribution
> ============
> 18948 reported
> 19038 values
>   822   4.34% distribution:DIY
>  2023  10.68% distribution:Debian
>   373   1.97% distribution:Other
>  1283   6.77% distribution:Red Hat
>   201   1.06% distribution:RedHat
>   406   2.14% distribution:SLS
> 12445  65.68% distribution:Slackware
>  1484   7.83% distribution:Others
>
> (looks like we beat Red Hat, go figure...)

Much more CDs of RedHat have probably been sold than Debian CDs, and
people installing from CDs may not have internet access and not register
with the linux counter? Also that's only statistics...

Looking around on friends boxes I couldn't say if there are more RH or
more Debian systems, but a sure thing is that there are less and less
Slackware systems each day...

	Cordialement,

--
-  vincent@debian.org     | RENARDIAS Vincent |          vincent@waw.com  -